Neck and back pain is one of the most common conditions affecting us all. A huge proportion of these problems relate directly to poor sitting habits or bad posture. This is especially common among people with sedentary or desk jobs.
Here is a checklist of things you need to ensure when you’re sitting at the computer. This will significantly lower your risk of developing posture-related discomfort.
- Top of computer screen at eye level;
- Elbows at about 90 degrees;
- Ergonomic chair must have lumbar support (or a little curve that helps to support your lower back);
- Keyboard is kept at about elbow height;
- Wrists are straight when typing;
- Feet flat on the floor or foot rest;
- Never sit on the edge of your chair.