Neck and back pain is one of the most common conditions affecting us all. A huge proportion of these problems relate directly to poor sitting habits or bad posture. This is especially common among people with sedentary or desk jobs.
Here is a checklist of things you need to ensure when you’re sitting at the computer. This will significantly lower your risk of developing posture-related discomfort.
- Top of computer screen at eye level;
- Elbows at about 90 degrees;
- Ergonomic chair must have lumbar support (or a little curve that helps to support your lower back);
- Keyboard is kept at about elbow height;
- Wrists are straight when typing;
- Feet flat on the floor or foot rest;
- Never sit on the edge of your chair.
For further advice regarding prevention of back pain and correct sitting posture please contact our friendly team at our physiotherapy in Mt Wellington.